Thursday, February 15, 2024

Beef and Cheese Foldover


Here is a quick and simple dinner idea... my mom made this when I was a kid and it has been a staple in our family of BBQ lovers.


Beef & Cheese Foldover

1 pound ground beef

1/2 c. diced onions

2 tubes crescent rolls

6 slices american cheese

3/4 c. BBQ sauce

Brown ground beef and onions in a skillet. Drain.

Unroll one tube of crescent rolls on a baking sheet. Flatten into a bottom one piece crust.

Mix BBQ sauce into ground beef and spread this mixture over crescent roll crust.  Layer on the slices of cheese.  Unroll 2nd tube of crescent rolls to form a top crust. Pinch together edges.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Slice into pieces and serve with additional BBQ sauce if desired.


** A ham and cheese variation ~ Spread a honey mustard sauce over bottom crust.  Layer on sliced deli ham and american cheese. Add top crust and bake as above.

If you would like me to start an email list for new recipes that I post, please send me a note about that and I will see what I can come up with.  Contact me at prairiechicknotes@gmail.com

~Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment