Monday, March 11, 2024

You'll find me in the tiny house...



I've been working lately on some more acrylic paintings.  I did a couple of them as Christmas gifts for family.  The photos above are pieces I painted last winter, and I enjoyed adding them to our home.

My art studio space is out in the tiny house on our property.  The previous landowner used it as a hunting cabin before our main house was built.  When we moved here, I claimed it as my art space and when we have a full house of visitors, it doubles as extra guest quarters.  We hope to upgrade it in the future for our guests, but it works great for me to get away and focus on a painting project.  I don't worry about leaving my art supplies strewn about when I'm in the middle of something ... works better than the kitchen counter in that regard!

The barn quilt was my 3rd, and my largest piece so far.  It looks awesome hanging above our fireplace and I am quite pleased with it.

The windmill, was a first attempt at painting a landscape in acrylic.  It turned out pretty well I think for a first try.  

I have a couple of other projects in mind for this year, will have to see what I actually have time to get done!


~ Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment