Monday, August 26, 2024

My first baby quilt project


These fabrics are now becoming my first handmade quilt project.  In the last couple of years I have gotten back into sewing as a hobby.  When my kids were small I enjoyed sewing for them but when two small boys caused a sewing machine mishap the sewing ended.  I was soon too busy anyway with kid activities and running my design business to find time to sew.  Last fall John surprised me with a new sewing machine and I have certainly enjoyed getting back to sewing.  Grandkids are a great excuse to sew up some fun projects!  There have been craft aprons and overalls and frilly little pink dresses and of course there are many Christmas ideas on my project list.  

Learning to quilt has been something new to learn and I first experimented with a quilted bag that I call my "Gram bag".  It's a bag I can take on my visits with the grandkids and it's filled with craft supplies, snacks and story books.

Now I am on to my next quilt project which will be a crib quilt for my new little grandson.  It's been a learning process and it certainly has a few mistakes but in all I am quite pleased with my quilt.  Hopefully at Christmas it will be a gift that is loved and appreciated for a long time.

Let me know if you sew too!


~ Connie

                                My quilted "Gram Bag"                                 

                                            


No comments:

Post a Comment