Monday, January 8, 2024

Down a gravel road ...

Hi-
My name is Connie and I'd like to Welcome you to my Blog - PrairieChickNotes.blogspot.com.

I have decided in 2024 to revive my blog.  2024 is my 60th year of life, so I have been telling myself "Go Big, or Go Home!".  This life is NOT a dress rehearsal.  It's the only life we've got here on this planet.  In case you are keeping track, my 60th birthday will be on 12-31-2024 and I like chocolate or flowers! 😁

The "Prairie Chick" refers to myself and my return to rural life in Iowa a few years ago.  I grew up in Iowa (not on a farm) but as a small town/somewhat rural area girl. 😉  After college at a large mid western university, I was excited to move to my "big girl" life in Chicago!  I worked in both the city and the suburbs as an interior and graphic designer for over 28 years.  All the while, my husband and I raised our four children in the charming suburb of Glen Ellyn, Illinois.  We led your typical crazy, busy suburban lives with jobs, friends, kid sports, church activities, piano lessons, etc.  It was a great life, but as our kids headed off to their colleges and the nest started to empty ... we began to think about our next adventure.  We had long talked of moving out of suburbia and dreamed of owning some place out in the country.  


My wonderful husband works in the technology industry and is able to work from anywhere.  And over the years I have transitioned from corporate design work to freelancing from my home.  So with the kids finishing up high school and moving on to college, we began to explore the possibility of finding our dream home out in the Iowa countryside.  Within the span of four months in early 2017, we found our dream property,  sold our home in Illinois,  worked out the details of working remotely and moved 10 miles outside a small town in central Iowa.  

We still wake up every morning and can't really believe we made such a life change.  And we still sit on our front porch or by our cozy fireplace most evenings and are so happy that we did it!

As I reflect on what my blog could be, I know it's going to be hard to narrow down the focus... but then again who says I have too!  I am a person with a lot of interests (thanks Dad) 😉 so I may just write about them all.

I think I will be sharing easy recipes (featuring some fresh goodness from my garden), art and design projects that I am working on and my other interests in reading, genealogy, sewing, writing, photography, fashion and knitting. I hope you'll come along to see what's happening down our gravel road! 😉

Love & Hugs,

Connie

contact me by email - prairiechicknotes@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment