Thursday, January 25, 2024

Apple Pear and Romaine Salad


One of my favorite salad recipes is one shared with me by my grandmother.  She was a wonderful cook and I have lots of awesome recipes from her.  This salad is so colorful and tasty that it has become one of my all time favorites!  I hope you will give it a try soon.


Apple Pear and Romaine Salad

1 pear and 1 apple, chopped
1 cup salted cashews, chopped
1 head romaine lettuce
4 oz shredded swiss cheese
1/4 c. dried cranberries
Mix all together

Dressing - 
1/2 c. sugar
1/3 c. lemon juice
2 tsp finely chopped onion
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp poppy seed
2/3 c. oil
Mix together and pour over lettuce mixture (use whatever amount you desire ...this seems like a lot of dressing to me!) Chill salad 1/2 hour before serving.


Hope you enjoy this as you wish for Spring! 
~ Connie





No comments:

Post a Comment