Monday, January 22, 2024

Just a few balls of yarn ...

 


Both of my grandmothers were quite crafty, one was a knitter and the other enjoyed crocheting. My mom claims that gene skipped her.  Despite my mom's non interest in crafting, I am happiest when I am creating a project. Guess that is why I studied design in college!  When I was young I learned to knit and sew, and I did both of those crafts when I was a young mom too.  Life got busy and I did not do those hobbies very much once I had older, active, busy kids or during those years when I did a lot of freelance design work.  Lately I have been enjoying exploring those hobbies more once again. There are a few new babies expected in our extended family in 2024 and I have been knitting up booties, hats and baby blankets.  Knitting is a great winter craft and there are plenty of free patterns and youtube tutorials out there if you want to learn a new hobby.  Here are a few of my project.


                                                            Little Deer Baby Blanket


                                                                       Baby Booties


                                                            Baby Lamb Hooded Blanket


No comments:

Post a Comment