Thursday, September 19, 2024

Crockpot jam...so easy!

 


This summer I put bags of blanched and diced peaches in my freezer.  Not exactly sure what I would be doing with them but knowing peach pies, peach crisp and peach scones were all possibilities.  One other thing on my mind was to find an easier way to make homemade jam.  I love home canned jam but I am not a fan of the boiling sticky pots of fruit which splatter up my kitchen on a hot summer day! 😜

So I have been searching the internet for crockpot jam recipes.  So this one seemed easy and I decided to give it a whirl.  

Crockpot Peach Jam

6 cups diced peaches  (I thawed and drained off the excess liquid)

1 - 1/2 c sugar

1/8 c lemon juice

3 TBSP no sugar pectin


Mix together in crockpot and crock on low 6-8 hours.  Spoon into sterilized 1/2 pint jars and water bath can 12 minutes.  Will keep in pantry 18 months if unopened.


Bring me the toast!

~Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment